Responsible Research 2014
The graduate programs of the Life Science Campus Großhadern/Martinsried jointly hosted an event on responsible research conduct.
All researchers are obliged to conform to rules of Good Scientific Practice. These rules are often implicit – the border between acceptable and unacceptable practice is often unclear.
What is responsible research conduct? How can I present data accurately? What exactly is plagiarism, and how can it be avoided? What are the pros and cons of peer review publication? What is an Ombudsperson?
To raise awareness on these questions 11 life science programs on the Campus Grosshadern/Martinsried and the GraduateCenterLMU have joined forces to organize a campus-wide educational event aimed towards next generation researchers.
Thursday, July 24 2014, 13:00 - 19:00 in the LMU Biocenter
- Professor Dr. Brigitte Jockusch, DFG
- Professor Dr. Ulrich Dirnagl, Charité Berlin
- Professor Dr. Alfonso Martinez-Arias, University of Cambridge
- Experimental design, p-value and statistical power, peer-review, plagiarism, ombudssystems, animal research
- moderated by Dr. Jeanne Rubner, Bayerischer Rundfunk
The program continues informally over a barbecue dinner on the terrace. For more details click here.