The RTG1721 Retreat 2017 took place at the BLSV-Haus Bergsee at the Schliersee from October 9 until 11, 2017.
The following guests had a great time with us:
- Dr. Maria Lucas (CIC bioGUNE, Derio, Spain)
- Dr. Jens Frauenfeld (CEO and Founder of Salipro Biotech, Stockholm, Sweden)
- Dr. Sophie Zinn-Justin (Laboratoire de Biologie Structurale et Radiobiologie (LBSR), Gif-sur-Yvette, France)
- Prof. Kay Grünewald (University of Oxford, UK)
- Dr. Sebastian Falk (Project Group Conti, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Martinsried)
- Maryam Khoshouei (Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Martinsried)
- Philipp Messer (Project Group Lamb, LMU Chemistry, Munich)
- Miriam Sonntag (Project Group Sattler, TUM, Garching)
We also had talks by RTG doctoral candidates (André Heuer - Project Group Beckmann, David Drexler - Project Group Witte, Josef Fischböck - Project Group Herzog, Andreas Stengl - Project Group Leonhardt) and poster sessions.
Female researchers could talk to Dr. Sophie Zinn-Justin during a round table talk.
We had social activities like camp fire, an RTG1721 olympiad and hiking.
Katharina Braunger (Project Group Beckmann), Maximilian Fottner (Project Group Lang)
and Nirakar Basnet (Project Group Mizuno) won the poster prizes!